Creating Harmonious Flow with the Native American Flute [e-course]
Has the voice of the Native American flute called you? Have you felt the need to serve others in meditation and yoga sessions with the Native American flute, but aren't sure how or where to begin? I've helped hundreds of flute players achieve fulfilling goals in their flute journey and I know I can help you, too!
For years I've been sharing the Native American flute in yoga, meditation and healing environments. I've packed all my resources, strategies and wisdom into this course to share!
This e-course is packed with over two hours of video content, a 50+ page printable guide, backing tracks, additional resources and tools that will inspire you and prepare you to step into a space where you can confidently share your flute medicine with others.
The program for this course is a Cedar Concert Native American style flute in the key of G by Butch Hall.
Here's a breakdown of what you'll learn in the Creating Harmonious Flow with the Native Flute e-course:
- In these lessons, we'll address the basics to get a new flute player up to speed on the Native American flute. This includes how to play the Native American flute, holding the flute, best posture, best practices, mouth position, length of notes, troubleshooting and dealing with squeaking and sensitivities.
- In this chapter, I cover the power of embellishments and how to execute the most common ones, expressing emotion by leveraging volume and vibrato, and ideas for starting and ending phrases effectively.
Watering Out & Flute Maintenance
- I share a few tactics around how to deal with watering out before, during and after you've played your flute. You've likely paid good money for your Native flute, so I also share some tips on increasing your flute's longevity.
Scales & Heartsongs
- In this chapter, I share with you a few new scales that we'll lean on a bit later to give us a new mood and flavor combined with strategies around phrasing, intentional rhythm and bringing some structure and uniformity to help combat inspiration fatigue.
- This is the chapter where we start to put teachings into action. Everything we've done thus far has been one layer at a time–now we bring it all together with these Elemental Heartsongs. You'll get to see and hear me play these 10 minute meditative Native American flute songs and you'll also be able to download the backing tracks to these songs. (Remember, everything is in the key of G).
- In this chapter, we take a step into music theory...but only enough to help you gain clarity around how to pick out a backing track that actually fits and goes along with your key of flute. You'll get lots of resources in this chapter that help you connect all those dots including compatibility charts so that you can use the same or multiple flutes per session, how to use a tuner to determine if it's YOU or the flute that isn't sounding right and more!
Setting Up LIVE Gig Equipment
- In this chapter, I walk you through all the equipment you need to have the pretty reverb, be heard and play your backing tracks (if necessary). Not only do I show you WHAT you need, but I also show you HOW to set it all up. I know those wires can get confusing! You'll get a shopping list and know exactly what you need and how it all goes together for your first gig!
- There will be some bonuses towards the end of the program including some templates and inspirations for building out a setlist or plan for playing in a yoga or mediation session. Plus, I have a couple of other goodies for you at the end.
Who This Course is For
We are excited to share this course with you because we know there is a deep passion in students who have taken our courses. Over 300 students have enrolled this course and have increased their confidence when sharing music in meditation and yoga environments–and even for themselves!
When you purchase this course from JonnyLipfordMusic.com, you will receive an email from HorizonsFluteSchool.com with login information. If you already have an account with HorizonsFluteSchool.com, you will see the course show up in your student dashboard when you log into the platform.
IMPORTANT: Whatever email address you use at the time of checkout is what is used to create that account in HorizonsFluteSchool.com. Please be aware!